Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Gyoza and chahan for lunch

Whenever we are at the office, we just ordered our lunch instead of us going out. Though we miss going out for lunch, we are aware of the risks and think we are actually also more productive if we stayed at the office. So right before lunch time, we usually ask one another (whoever's there at the office) what we'd like to eat for lunch. We had not eaten at the Gyoza and Ramen House in UP Village since February of this year so we decided to order our lunch meals via Grab Food.

Gyoza and chahan (Chinese style fried rice)

The I got my usual order of gyoza (steamed and then sear fried pork dumplings) and chahan (Chinese style fried rice). The set is comfort food for me. It brings out memories of my living in Japan. I always ordered this set whenever we (friends and I) went out to eat at the Chinatown in Yokohama. My Ninang (godmother) also like eating at the Chinese restaurants when we met up and we enjoyed the gyoza set whether its lunch or dinner.

-

No comments: