Thursday, October 22, 2020

Bento box by Yabu

I miss eating out at our favorite restaurants. Lunch at the office is either a packed meal or delivered food via Grab (we haven't tried Lala Food or Panda for our lunch orders yet). Scrolling my Grab Food selections, I tried to remember what restaurants were located at the UP Town Center. Suddenly remembering that there was a Yabu there, I quickly browsed their menu and decided to order a bento (lunchbox) from them. Yabu, of course, is the very popular Japanese restaurant chain that specializes in katsu or breaded cutlets, mainly pork. I have not eaten there for quite some time (maybe over a year?) so I was a bit excited about their bento box.

The set included a serving of hire katsu (breaded lean pork cutlet), rice, shredded cabbage and miso shiru (soup). The salad dressing was roasted sesame.

Close-up of the katsu set

The soup came in a sealed thick plastic pack and was delivered warm

I was very pleased with this lunch and wondered why I didn't think about this before. Perhaps I just didn't assume that Yabu made the adjustments post-ECQ and made this bento box for their customers to be able to continue enjoying really good bento (lunchboxes)? I will certainly try other lunchboxes in the future.

-

No comments: