Thursday, October 1, 2020

Vintage Rodania Data Sport Aquaseal 333

I wrote about an old Rodania watch that I still have. It is among the most reliable of my vintage watches. I recently acquired another one and this one's in even better condition with a navy blue dial and a date complication. It is said that Rodania's are popular in the Netherlands and I brought my other Rodania when I was there a few years ago. Unfortunately, I couldn't pick up another vintage watch during that trip.

Navy blue dial showing the date feature of the watch

Side view showing the signed crown

The other side view

Case back bearing a serial number, and model name

Close-up of the dial showing the watch in very good condition

I have not had the chance to open the watch to see the movement for myself. This photo came from the seller as I requested for one to see the movement. It is not a signed movement, which is more desirable. But it is a Swiss movement, which is not so uncommon for these watches. I have yet to determine the caliber of the movement to learn more about its specs.

Wrist shot during the first time I wore the watch

I think this is supposed to be my watch of the month of September as I rotated it with my usual choices for the week. The power reserve is good and I estimate this to be more than 40 hours when fully wound. For October, I think I will park it for a while.

-

No comments: