Monday, June 14, 2021

A vintage Zenith Respirator automatic watch

Vintage Zenith watches are not that rare but they can be on the pricey side of vintage watches.  Of course, their top-of-the-line El Primero are among the more desirable (and expensive) pieces that speak of the pedigree of these watches. I guess that pedigree is what makes their watches collectibles while maintaining very decent resale values.

The watch features a square tropicalized dial and a date complication at the 4:30 mark (lower right corner of the dial)

Side view showing the signed crown

The other side view

Case back showing the chips and scratches likely from opening the watch for maintenance.

Close-up of the bottom of the dial clearly showing the 'Swiss Made' label

Another close-up of the tropicalized dial

The watch after I changed the beat up strap that came with it with this cracking brown leather from Two One Four Straps

Wrist shot after I changed the strap. The customized leather straps are from my suki - Two One Four Straps

Another close-up of this vintage Respirator

 

The inside of the back cover and the movement

I initially planned to just flip this watch but up close and personal it turned out really nice, especially after I changed the straps. I decided to keep it and sent it for routine maintenance to my watch guy in Taytay. Who knows if I change my mind? It's safe for now and running well. I just had to rest it to preserve the watch.

-

No comments: