Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Custom strap for my antique Waltham watch

I recently purchased some customized straps for my watches. Among them was a leather nato for my antique Waltham. The lugs were fixed so I couldn't use the conventional straps. It also didn't seem to be appropriate to use the nylon natos and zulus that I have for this 100+ year old time piece. And so I went to my strap guy - Two One Four Straps - to make a customized cowhide strap for my Waltham, which has fixed bars instead of the typical spring bars that most watches have.

My more than a century old Waltham looks even better with the customized cowhide.

A closer look at the cowhide strap

Wrist shot - the strap makes the watch look larger than it is.

Thanks to Two One Four Straps for the excellent craftsmanship!

-

No comments: