Friday, August 18, 2023

Parkas and jackets for inclement weather

The recent post I made about rain gear had me eventually looking for my other jackets and parka. I have two that I use when I travel abroad currently in vacuum storage. The maroon one is an EBTek parka I bought in Japan back in late 1997 when I was a student in Yokohama. The black one is a EBTek jacket I purchased in 2012 from the ROX store in BGC.

My gear for wet and cold weather is vacuum-packed to preserve them for the next use. These are quite durable (26-year old parka and 11-year old jacket), and I do take good care of these items.

Close-up of the EBTek and Eddie Bauer stitching on the parka. The parka is actually a shell and you can purchase various 'inner jackets' including the puffy kind to combine with the parka to keep you warm during winter.

Close-up of the Eddie

I have another jacket that folds into a pouch. It is thinner but also durable. I got this jacket in the summer of 1997 for the rainy season in Japan. I usually bring this along whenever I travel during the wet or rainy seasons.

SAC JAC from Eddie Bauer's EBTek line

I also have winter wear in storage at home. These are all in vacuum packs so I can optimize storage space. It also protects the clothes from insects and moisture, which can damage the clothes.

-

No comments: