Saturday, August 12, 2023

Weekend watch choices

I often try to wear several of my watches during the weekend. Given them the so-called "wrist time" allows me to check if they are still running and running well. The vintage manual wind watches' mechanisms tend to get stuck when you don't use them as often so I usually just go through many of them and wind them up. The automatic watches need to be shaken up but they require more effort since they require movement to 'charge-up'. I have one watch winder that I use sparingly and with batteries. I didn't want it to be plugged and consuming power, despite it being low voltage. Here's a nice couple of watches from last weekend.

A Tudor small rose tank from the 1930s. This is a classic style that goes well not just for more formal settings but for casual, too. I like the sub-dials of vintage watches like this. They evoke the elegant style of these watches.

A Seiko 6139-6032 Coke Pogue from 1972. This one is a more recent acquisition but my preferred among the watches generally called Pogues. I have a true Pogue that I wear less frequently than this. That one is currently being serviced as the chronograph is not functioning as it should.

More weekend watches soon!

-

No comments: