Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Chocolate review: Beryl's Caramel & Sea Salt

Every time I go abroad, I try to find and buy their local produced chocolates. In Malaysia, perhaps the go-to brand for chocolates would be Beryl's. They have a store in KLIA Terminal 2 but there are chocolates you can buy at the duty free shops after checking-in and clearing immigration. I got a few chocolates for pasalubong (souvenirs) and personal consumption. This is one of them.

Beryl's packaging is quite simple and suggests a chocolate that you can get on the supermarket shelf.

Details on the chocolate at the back of the package.

Nutrition information and the Halal certification of the chocolate

Storage information and info on the manufacturer

Ingredients - there is no information about the minimum cacao content of the chocolate

Beryl's caramel & sea salt chocolate is good. It is not a premium chocolate but is certainly satisfying. I mentioned that I could not find information about the minimum cacao content for this chocolate. Upon tasting it, I found that this is on the sweet side of dark chocolates even factoring the caramel and sea salt in the taste. For me, it is sweeter than the Meiji Dark chocolates so this maybe less than 40% minimum cacao. Will I buy these chocolates again? This specific one maybe but if there are other better chocolates from Beryl's, I would likely choose them or their more premium items.

-

No comments: