Monday, October 2, 2023

Sigekiya Ramen at Estancia Mall

While we have been to Estancia Mall quite a number of times, I did not realize there was an entire wing that we haven't explored. I was wondering, for example, where Randy's Donuts was at the mall. Apparently, what we thought to be the SM Department Store being the end of the mall was not. There were more shops and stores beyond SM. That's how we discovered Sigekiya Ramen, which was at the second level of the mall.

A bowl of their Gojira ramen

This was a set that came with 3 pieces of gyoza.

The brand on the bowl

Sigekiya is supposed to be from Yokohama, Japan, which is one of the main reasons I decided to eat there for lunch.  I was not aware of the ramen shop when I was residing there as there were many other ramen shops in the city including around the university where I studied and my apartment along the Sotetsu Railway Line. I found this review of the ramen shop in Yokohama. Personally, I enjoyed my Gojira ramen and I was also happy to see that they had a junior size serving since my daughter cannot finish the full bowl of ramen that's usually served in other ramen shops. The noodles are on the large side and the broth is thick and tasty. Maybe it's me but it is also not so salty. I will probably return to have a taste of their tsukemen next time.

-

No comments: