Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunset and nightscape from Baras, Rizal

I just wanted to share a few photos I took from the balcony of the cottage we were staying at for the night in Baras, Rizal. We had our first off-campus workshop since 2019 and the venue selected was Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal. The view from the resort were spectacular and very much what we saw the last time we were there, also for another workshop. I didn't stay overnight then so I didn't get to take photos of the sunset. Here are some photos I took, playing with the settings of an old iPhone (I still use an iPhone 8) to get some nice shots of the setting sun and the surrounding areas.

This photo is more focused on the sun so the surrounding areas Baras in the foreground and Cardona further and Binangonan beyond the mountain or hill.

Here is a photo when you focus on the foreground rather than the sun. It is still bright and not as dark as what the previous photo would make it look like.

I was not able to take a photo when the sun descended as I was preoccupied with something. This was taken right after the sun hid behind the mountains of Binangonan and Angono.

The evening sky is lovely with the mix of colors left by the setting sun in its wake.

I can still recall a time when there were not so many people residing in these areas. Rizal now is also home to many people who actually work or study in Metro Manila. The province's towns are somewhat like bed towns similar to Bulacan's, Cavite's and Laguna's.

The evening sky as the backdrop for towns turning on their lights for the night.


-

No comments: