Monday, July 22, 2024

Back in Tagaytay after a long while

I was back in Tagaytay last week after perhaps more than 5 years. A dense fog greeted us as we approached the city via the Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road, which was our usual route. We decided not to take the CALAX as we were traveling early and our driver was not familiar with that route. I wrote here and my other blog before that we used to frequent Tagaytay for personal and business trips. It used to take something like 1.5 to 2 hours to go there and it was less crowded. We preferred to go on weekdays (usually Friday to Saturday) for a quick escape and change in environment. That ceased with busier schedules and the prospect of heavy traffic and crowded restaurants and cafes.

Dense fog everywhere last Thursday and Friday. Can you see the tricycle heading our way?

This sign perfectly describes the situation

Despite the fog, I was surprised that it wasn't as cool (temperature-wise) as it was in Tagaytay. It was raining intermittently when I was there last week for a workshop so I expected the wet weather to make it as cool as before. It was not; though still cooler and less humid than in the lower lands of Metro Manila and Laguna. I hope to be back in Tagaytay again sooner than later for a quick vacation before school starts for my daughter. She says she wants to go to Tagaytay again as she misses the place especially the food.

-


No comments: