Monday, May 19, 2014

Large Choc Nut

It's been a while since I bought a pack of Choc Nut at the supermarket so I was a bit surprised to see what seemed like a new kind of Choc Nut, which is a mix of peanuts and milk chocolate. It is a guilty pleasure for many as it seems to be the only one of its kind anywhere (I honestly don't know of similar sweets in other countries.). It is so popular in the Philippines and among Filipinos living overseas that it has spawned competition here producing practically the same product. Some people say the competition is better but for me, nothing beats the original. I actually find the competition oily  or powdery so I guess they still have to deal with quality control issues.

Anyhow, going back to what I thought was a new kind of Choc Nut. It turned out that there was nothing new except for the packaging and the size of the Choc Nut. The servings were larger than the "regular" ones. Incidentally, there used to be a smaller serving of Choc Nut, which is about half of the current "regular" size. So it seems that the trend is for the serving size to get larger? Perhaps people (Choc Nut addicts?) couldn't be satisfied by the smaller servings anymore? 

Dark Choc Nut? Nope. It's just the packaging.
It's actually a larger serving of Choc Nut with one bar equivalent to 2 or 3 of the "regular" bars. 

-

No comments: