Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen

Did I mention before that I love Italian food? And this is among the reasons why I like to try out restaurants serving Italian food wherever I may be including cities and countries I go to where it is imperative to try local food (I still go to Saizeria when I am in Japan despite all the Japanese restaurants around me.) I've heard about Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen from friends and that they now have a branch at UP Town Center. I didn't get to try it out until about 3 weeks ago.

The first time I ate at Mama Lou's was when an old friend treated us to lunch a few weeks ago. He ordered for us what he said were specialties of the restaurant. Needless to say, we had a very good lunch. A week after that, a friend and I decided to eat out during one lazy weekday that we suddenly found ourselves without any meetings or classes. We ordered items different from what I had the week before. I could say that based on these, so far, that the food is top quality and they are consistent with this critical aspect of food.

The items on their menu is impressive
Interior of the restaurant
Mama Lou's special pizza with prosciuto, arugula, mango and balsamic vinegar
Spaghetti seafood pomodoro
Ravioli spinaci pomodoro
Chocolate cake
Some tips: Based on what I've seen so far - it's easy to get a table during lunchtimes on a weekday. It is difficult to get a table on evenings for dinner and during the weekends (lunch or dinner). A must try  is their version of iced tea.

-

No comments: