Saturday, April 30, 2016

Chocolate review: Maestrani Swiss Organic 72% Cacao

I close April with yet another chocolate review. I came across Maestrani Swiss Organic 72% Cacao at Santi's at Paseo Sta. Rosa in Laguna. We passed by for a lunch stop on the way back home from an overnight in Tagaytay and I decided to check out Santi's branch there as I usually got some very good dark chocolates from that store branch. I was rewarded with a few new bars to try out as well as some good old reliables like Munz dark chocolate.

This Swiss chocolate claims to contain 72% cacao
More information on the chocolate at the back of the package
The chocolate is supposed to contain 72% cacao so we expected it to be more bitter than other chocolates we have tasted and enjoyed. This turned out to be one of the better ones as the bitterness mixed well with the sweet with a hint of what I thought was coffee. I thought this would be a good dessert after dinner that's to be enjoyed perhaps with some wine and a lot of fine conversation.
I was curious about the 'myclimate' logo. I learned that this indicated the chocolate was made of ingredients (cacao) that was produced under climate neutral conditions. There was also information stating that the cacao used for this chocolate bar was fair trade (logo also in the previous photo). Such info likely translates into an environment-friendly production and socially responsible farming to produce and harvest the cacao.

I got this chocolate at Santi's in Paseo Sta. Rosa, Laguna for about 250 pesos for the 80g bar. I only got one to try out and will be looking for this chocolate the next time I am at Santi's.
-

No comments: