Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Chocolate review: Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Caramel

We start May with yet another chocolate review. I remember I had already featured this chocolate before but as a mini bar that was part of a package containing three kinds of chocolate by Ghirardelli. Their dark chocolate caramel was something we definitely and thoroughly enjoyed. And so when I saw the bar version of the chocolate, I did not hesitate getting a couple to take home.

 A bar of Ghirardelli's dark chocolate caramel is dark chocolate with caramel filling.
Details on the chocolate at the back of the box
A description of the chocolate and how it was made. It doesn't say how much (%) cacao is in the chocolate but from the taste of the chocolate alone (without the sweet caramel) and referring to other dark chocolates I have tasted, I would say it is about 40% cacao.
Nutrition facts and price tag


This chocolate is one of those that chocolate lover with a sweet tooth shouldn't pass up. The dark chocolate is not so bitter and blends very well with the fine caramel filling. The 100g chocolate retails for 7.40 USD (about 345 PHP) at the airport Duty Free shop. It might be a bit expensive but this another one that's worth it. In fact, I would wager that once you bite into a bar, you will be tempted to finish the entire bar in one sitting!

-

No comments: