Sunday, December 17, 2017

Enicar Ocean Pearl Manual Wind Watch

This Sunday, I am writing again about another watch in my collection. Enicar was a Swiss watch brand that was well know for producing high quality time pieces. It along with a lot of other Swiss brands, however, suffered from the 'onslaught' of quartz watches in the 1970s. At the last part of this post is a link to an honest history of the watch brand. Don't trust the current site that claims an unbroken line for the brand. :) This one looks new but is actually an old watch from the 1960s. The watch has been restored and the seller obviously did a very good job on this.

The watch is simple and elegant. I thought it's perfect as a dress watch.
The watch face is simple, which is why I liked it in the first place. The only complication is the date feature.
Here's an 'artistic' shot of the watch highlighting the raised hour markers.
The brand logo on the crown
The back is quite interesting in that it featured the watch logo with what appears to be a shark jumping out of the water.

Here is a very honest history of Enicar that I found on the net:

History of Enicar

This is one of my current favorites and have found it to be quite good compared to my tried and tested watches. I just have to wind it every morning; a task I have become accustomed to. I have not opened the back to see the movement and have not done research on the movement but it is quite efficient and so far I know that the watch could last over a day without winding.  That is good enough for me. I don't wind my watches in a hurry as I like to listen to and feel the mechanism in order for me to know if its wound enough I am worried I might overdo it and end up damaging the watch movement.

[Update: I recently timed the watch and it lasted 42 hours and 20 minutes after a full wind. 2/21/2018]
-

No comments: