Monday, January 8, 2018

Grand Seiko quartz watch strap change

I wrote about my Grand Seiko last month and mentioned my desire to change the blue leather strap it came with when I got it. I got the leather strap I wanted from the Hirsch store at Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons. They have a very nice selection of straps there and it was tough to choose one for this classic watch.

This is my Grand Seiko model 9581-7020, which is a quartz watch.
The GS emblem (its usually a medallion in the automatic GS models) on the case back. Details on the watch can be seen etched below the emblem.
The watch from another angle.
This is a very thin watch as shown in the photo. The lug on this one is 18mm, which is also shown in the photo stamped on the leather strap.
Here is the watch again shown with the new fine leather strap. If anyone is wondering, the wood here is actually a nice cheeseboard a good friend gave us as an anniversary gift.

-

No comments: