Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Rodania Manual Wind Incabloc

Here's something old for the New Year. Another watch in my collection is this manual wind Rodania that I also got online. This is also a Swiss watch and a brand that almost lost it out also during the 1970s with the onslaught of inexpensive but reliable quartz watches. It survived and still produces high quality watches that are said to be very popular in the Benelux countries.

The watch face is simple and accented only by the red second hand. There are no complications like a day or date display.
Watch back has the brand name, logo and specs etched on it.
Crown with the brand logo
Another view of the watch showing the crown and face
This was another good buy and I was lucky to have caught the usual bidders sleeping when I got this from a popular FB page.

There are a couple of links on Rodania watches including the officiate site and the wikipedia entry that I found useful when I decided to get this watch. I use this as one of my back-up watches. It is pretty reliable though I have determined it gains time (maybe +1 minute over 24 hours?) based on my observations and comparison with other watches I deem to be my most accurate ones (including my Seiko watches and my smartphone's clock). To me, this is still pretty good and easily corrected though maybe if I traveled to Japan again, I would likely go with my Seiko's or my Baume, which are quite accurate and suitable for the train and bus schedules.
-

No comments: