Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Liv Rebel-A automatic watch

I am not one of those who are overly apprehensive of purchasing things online. In fact, I have done so for a long time via Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and more recently the likes of Ebay, Lazada and even Facebook.

I got this one via Kickstarter. I learned about the watch from an ad that appeared on Facebook and I got curious about it. To cut a long story short, I decided to "invest" in this project but also had to be careful so I only chose the option that will lead to a single watch reward. I did choose the middle option by going for the automatic.

The watch was delivered in a box and opening it shows the company tagline.
There's a pouch
And inside is a rather big box - not as large as my Moonwatch's though
My first look at the watch that was made with my support
The simple design makes this one functional but still aesthetically sound.
Side view showing the crown with the distinct Liv logo.
The watch is quite thick and weighs on the heavy side even compared with my larger watches.
Side view showing the crown
Here is the see-through case back featuring a Sellita SW200-1 movement that has a 38-hour power reserve at 28,800 bph. The movement is the same as the one powering my Hampton.
Here it is on my wrist the first time I tried it on.

The Clairvoyant likes the watch but finds it quite heavy. I thought it was a pretty big and hefty watch, too, but it suits me and I wear it more often than I thought I would be given my many other options to wear any given day. Liv is a newby in the world of watchmaking and it is a Miami-based company that complied with the requirements for their watches to be "Swiss Made". So far, I think their watches are really good in terms of functionality and aesthetics, and only time will tell if these will be collectible.
-

No comments: