Thursday, February 15, 2018

Hamilton Khaki Automatic

I got this watch from my suki in Montreal, Canada. It is a Hamilton Khaki H644550 automatic watch. It is a military design with a face that's quite familiar as it is practically replicated in other brands as well. Hamilton is another old brand and is part of the Swatch group along with Omega and Longines. The brand is considered part of the mid-level watches of the group along with Mido, Tissot and Certina.

The first thing that caught my attention were the day and date features at the top of the face.
What caught my attention here is the day and date display at the top of the face.
This one runs on an ETA 2834 movement that beats at 28,800 bph and a storage of 40h. I haven't really tested it on a full charge so I'll have to see how long this one will last when not in use.
I tried to take a photo of the watch in a dark area to capture its luminosity.
The signed crown
Here's the "obligatory" wrist shot. The watch came with 2 leather straps including the really nice anti-allergic strap shown in the photo.
I have a vintage military watch that I wrote about last year. That was a manual wind and keeps very good time for 70+ year-old watch. Hopefully, this Hamilton will also last the way the other has, and whoever will have it later (I intend to eventually give-ipamana? or sell it) will take care of it.
-

No comments: