Monday, February 5, 2018

Luminox Diver 4221, Series 4220

My first watch article this February is about a diver. I'm not really into diver's watches although I have two Swatches that are classified as such. I also have a Landmaster that's certified for 200m water resistance. And so when I saw this watch, I was a little apprehensive to even consider bidding for it. I know the brand and the high quality of their watches but seeing as few people took interest in it and it was up for grabs considering the low bid (15 to 25% the price for a new one), the temptation was just too great that I went for it. And here it is in its practically mint condition:

This is a Luminox 4221, Authorized for Navy Use (ANU)
This is a big piece at 45mm excluding the crown.
Lugs are at 22mm and it came with the original rubber strap. I was surprised at the condition of the watch as it is practically brand new with no dents or scratches.
Side view showing the screw down crown.
I must admit the back also got my attention.
Here's a clearer photo of the eagle over the anchor.

This is not an old, discontinued model. You can get more information on the watch from the Luminox site. There are also some other nice sites and reviews about this watch that you can google. This is a quartz watch and that also meant that though you have to eventually change the battery at some time, you don't have to wind it, shake it or use it as often for it to be "alive". I can't wait to swim with this watch.

[Note: I finally was able to use the watch while swimming and it did well. 3/10/2018]
-

No comments: