Saturday, February 24, 2018

IWC vintage watch

I'm still quite new with collecting watches but I am aware of the luxury brands. I must admit that my "want" list would include the well known brands but I cannot afford the Patek Philippes, Rolexes, Hublots, Panerais and others that will set you back hundreds of thousands of pesos. That money is better invested elsewhere. Still, so far I am able to acquire some really good pieces to my collection.

The watch has simple features including the baton hands and the absence of a second hand. There is also no date or day feature. I like the rectangular shape with the rounded corners. The linen dial adds some elegance to this vintage dress watch.
Close up showing the 'Swiss' mark
Side view showing the crown and the famous fish emblem
Another view of the watch
Elegant buckle
The back looks quite plain...
Unless or until you notice the serial number of the watch.
The watch reminded me of my old Seiko quartz that I had worn when I was in high school.

I have timed this watch 2 times with the first one reaching 48 hours on a full wind and the second about 46.5 hours. The model is a Ref. 2583 and supposedly with a caliber 89 movement (18,000 bph). This model came out sometime 1980 so this is a 37 year old watch.
-

No comments: