Thursday, March 1, 2018

Baume & Mercier Hampton 8819

I begin March with yet another post on a watch. I was a bit hesitant to post about this watch as it is among my favorites and is one of a pair I have with the Clairvoyant. In other words, this is personal to me. :)

The Hampton is a classic piece and some articles even call it an iconic model.
The watch has a day feature.
The signed crown with the brand's logo.
The exhibition window shows a glimpse of the movement, and each watch has a serial number. Water resistance is 50m.
This watch is powered by a Sellita SW200-1 movement that runs on 28,800 bph with a power reserve of 38hours.
The bracelet features this hidden folding deployment clasp, which makes it difficult to remove the watch from the wrist.

I bought this watch brand new and was able to get a good discount as it was purchased during the Black Friday sales that came after Thanksgiving in the US. We were vacationing in California when I got the watch and our cousins sort of "encouraged" me to get it so the Clairvoyant and I would have our matching watches. You can see the wear and tear in the form of scratches. These are due to the watch being my preference for daily use since 2011. It still is, though I can now give it a rest for longer times along with my old reliable Seiko kinetic.

-

No comments: