Sunday, March 18, 2018

Vostok Amphibia (again)

The leather strap on my Vostok Amphibia (also spelled Amfibia) gave out easily. That was relatively new as I bought it right after I had pins customized for the watch so I can fit it with new straps. The old metal bracelet was in a very bad condition and did not fit my wrist so I had to replace it (though I kept it as a souvenir of sorts).

The watch has an interesting design including the face, the rotating bezel and the large crown. The bottom of the face also shows its Made in the USSR (in Russian).
The watch back bears much information on the watch including its 200m water resistance (if properly sealed). I probably won't dare swim with this watch but was assured by my watch repairman that it is water resistant under typical conditions of wearing.
I had this beat up watch recently overhauled and it runs well. It's a good weekend watch.
Wrist shot
The new leather strap is more rugged in design and looks really good on the watch. It was also properly fitted to the watch, thanks to the lady who took care of cutting the leather and installing the strap to the watch.
-

No comments: