Saturday, March 3, 2018

Osaka Takoyaki Restaurant, SM East Ortigas

We were looking for a place to eat dinner at before we watched "The Black Panther" a couple of weeks ago, we decided to try out a Japanese-themed restaurant at SM East Ortigas. The restaurant's specialty is takoyaki or octopus cutlet balls. The restaurant's menu also had many other choices for those who wanted to have something heavier for their meals.

The interiors attempt to recreate an authentic Japanese restaurant.
Aside from takoyaki, the restaurant also claims to serve good curry meals.
I ordered ramen as I wanted to have something that wasn't too heavy a meal prior to watching a movie where we will also be having some popcorn.
Their version of horenzo, which is spinach-based but laced with spices. This was supposed to be the counterpart of kimchi, which Korean restaurants serve with meals.
The wife tried their curry and it turned out to be very good. I think I liked it more (I had some as it was a generous serving.) than the ramen I ordered.
Their takoyaki was the real deal. I've had a fair share of takoyaki here and when I was in Japan so I think I know what authentic tastes like.
This is a good restaurant but with room for improvement. I thought the ramen was ordinary but the curry was good and the takoyaki very good.
-

No comments: