Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Revue manual wind vintage watch

A watch that I have acquired recently is this manual wind from Revue, another watchmaker that was affected by the quartz 'revolution' of the 1970s. Revue is now better known as Revue Thommen, which no longer directly produces watches, choosing to license/authorize another maker for their Revue Thommen-brand watches. The company is well-known for development and manufacture of aircraft instrumentation.

The face is simple and the watch does not have any other complications/features such as a date or day display.
I got this watch from the same seller/auctioneer I got the Rodania from. The watches are clean and working perfectly. And this one came with really nice handcrafted leather.
The back shows that the watch has an anti-magnetic feature and incabloc shock absorption. You also know its an old watch because it states 'waterproof' instead of 'water resistant', which is now indicated in most watches. The double-R logo has evolved and I must admit that one of the reasons I got this watch is because the double-R also stands for my initials.
The 'obligatory' wrist shot

I have timed the watch after a full wind and has a capacity of about 38 hours though one time it was able to make 47 hours! This is about par for most manual winds of similar age. I have not opened the back yet so I don't know what movement powers the watch. It runs well so that will have to wait for some time.
-

No comments: