Thursday, March 22, 2018

Enicar automatic vintage watch

I got another Enicar watch. This one is an automatic but I don't know about the movement yet. There are the desirable ultrasonic models of Enicar that are supposed to be the really good automatic movements for this brand. It doesn't say ultrasonic anywhere on the watch so I assume this is just a "regular" automatic model.

I quickly got this after the seller posted it. The watch looked like it was in great condition and was I glad it really was when I finally inspected it after it was delivered. Of course, it has scratches on the glass as well as the body but these are acceptable given the apparent age of the watch. The watch does not feature complications such as a day or date so I guess the movement is more efficient this way.
Side view showing the dauphine hands and the scratches on the watch body
Side view showing the crown, the nice red second hand, and more scratches
Older watches are supposed to have 'waterproof' instead of 'water resistant'
I timed this watch and it ran a little over 38 hours. Not at all bad for an old watch. This one probably came out in the 1960s-1970s. Again, it runs well and gained only about 2-3 minutes through the 38 hours I was able to observe the watch. I am comparing this to my other watches that I know are in great condition and the digital clocks of my computer and phones. I like this watch and it has become a regular in my weekly rotation.
-

No comments: