Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Citizen "Bullhead" automatic vintage watch

Among my Citizen watches is this much sought after bullhead. It is fondly called that due to the buttons and the crown located at the top of the watch that makes it appear it has horns. I have the popular "panda" look for the dial with the black sub-dials of the chronograph against a white watch face. 

The bullhead got its name from the location of the crown and buttons for the chronograph.
Side view
The other side view
The signed crown (CTZ) and buttons for the chronograph
Case back containing details for this watch model. The numbers can be decoded to show that the watch was manufactured in February 1981.
The lumes are working perfectly
Close-up of the dial showing the day and date features

This watch is powered by Citizen's 8100A movement, which beats at 28,800 A/h with a power reserve of 40h.
Wrist shot for this interesting piece in my collection
This watch keeps very good time and has a decent power reserve that usually lasts about 36 hours when not in use. I must admit it is on the bulky side in as far as watches go and I only use it for casual days.

[The watch is now with another person. I decided to sell the watch as it wasn't getting much wrist time and I could sell it for a good price.]
-

No comments: