Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Raketa manual wind vintage watch

Russian or more specifically watches from when there was still the Soviet Union or USSR are collectible. I have several of these and made sure these were 'Made in the USSR' rather than 'Made in Russia'. I had featured a couple of these watches, namely the two Vostoks (Amfibia and Komandirskie) I have. Here is a Raketa manual wind that's simple yet very efficient.

Simple dial with baton hands. No complications on this watch.
Side view showing the crown
The other side view
The back had an interesting etching on it
Made in the USSR, this watch is powered by a 2609.HA movement that beats at 18,000 A/h with a power reserve of 45h.
The watch the first time I tried it on with the leather nato strap it came with
I changed the strap on this watch and it instantly made the watch an accessory for casual days. It has a very simple face that makes it easy to match with most nato straps including leather ones.
I have timed this twice. One time the reserve lasted about 42 hours and another about 43 hours. Not at all bad for an old watch.
 
[Note: I've unloaded this watch last year (2019). It's a nice simple watch that should be perfect for casual wear. Hindi pansinin so it works for the under-the-radar collector who like wearing his/her watches. 10/21/2020]
-

No comments: