Saturday, October 13, 2018

Mortima Super Datomatic 2-crown vintage divers' watch

An interesting piece in my collection is this diver with two bezels. It is a French brand and somewhat a rare piece. It is not an expensive one but definitely a collectible watch because of its characteristics.

The colors in the second bezel (inside) reminded me of the Philippine flag. The red, white and blue though is more easily representing the French tricolor.
There are two crowns - the one at 2 o'clock is for adjusting the inner bezel and the second at 4 o'clock is for adjusting the time and date.
This is a thick (bulky?) watch. It is also quite hefty.
A close-up of the two crowns and the curve on the case that makes it a comfortable watch to wear.
The case back shows the diver and fish. The lugs on the watch is actually 19mm but the space allows for me to use a 20mm nato strap.
Lumes
The obligatory wrist shot
The watch movement is a Cattin C66 (CLD) manual wind that runs at 18,000 bph with a reserve of up to 40 hours.
This is actually another dependable watch in my collection. I regularly wind it though I don't use it often. It provides me with a good reference for other watches that I choose to use for the day. I also regard this as a weekend or casual day watch and I'm more likely to use this when at home or when we go out in the weekends.
-

No comments: