Sunday, April 21, 2019

A very old art deco Doxa watch

I have what looks like a very old watch. The seller claimed it to be a 100-year old watch but I currently do not have the means to authenticate it. However, I got it for a good price so I have no regrets in purchasing this Doxa.

Art deco is the main element going for this watch. "Doxa" is barely visible in the photo.
This watch has a very unique glass that's triangular in shape.
Case back   
Inscription stating this to be gold-plated.
Signed movement - I have yet to identify the movement caliber
Close-up of what appears to be the movement number
 
I have only winded the watch several times and it ran for more than 30 hours every time. I have not used the watch and still thinking whether this is something I would keep. For now, it's part of my collection. Maybe I will be posting the photo of the movement to get help identifying it.
-


No comments: