Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Seiko Actus 7019 7060 vintage watch

I acquired this watch through my suki in Fukuoka, Japan. I had it recently serviced and had the crystal buffed as it was full of scratches. My watch guy instead recommended to have it changed because of the deep scratches. The watch came out looking mint.

The watch has day and date features. Days can be in English or Kanji. I fitted it with a rally leather strap that used to be with my Citizen Second Setting (I now use a nato with that watch). The quickset day and date features function well with the date changed by pushing on the crown in this position.
The photo doesn't give justice to the watch. It actually has a light blue to it that's relaxing to the eye and sort of brings a feeling of calmness.
Close-up showing a pristine dial
Case back showing the watch model and its other features. The serial number indicates it to be manufactured in July 1972.
Here's a wrist shot. The photos don't give justice to the watch as the dial is actually light bluish.
Automatic movement
The signed movement states this is a 7019A movement that runs at 21,600 A/h
It's "Araw ng Kagitingan" or "Day of Valor" in the Philippines. My friends and I decided to let go of some of our watches in our respective collections. These are all of Japanese make (Seiko, Citizen and Orient). This one is included in the sale but I am secretly wishing that the watch won't be fancied at this time.
-
Note: I gave this away as birthday present to a very close friend. This was his BMBY. For a guy who doesn't usually wear a watch, he now more regularly wears this one especially when we are on trips or in the field.
-

No comments: