Friday, April 12, 2019

Marvin vintage watch

Another old watch in my collection is this rare model Marvin watch. I've decided to put it up for sale recently but so far there have been no takers. As with the Seiko Actus I posted about recently, I am somewhat relieved that there are no takers (yet).

An uncommonly wide watch with 22mm lugs
Side view of this rectangular piece
Case back doesn't state whether this was originally water resistant or even shock resistant
Signed crown - a much sought after feature for vintage watches, signed crowns are not as common as people think they are with many vintage watches having what seems like generic ones that are unmarked.
The watch can look elegant and appropriate for formal or semi-formal affairs. I just choose not to use its leather straps.
I have yet to identify the movement on this watch.

I think this is a fine model for Marvin. This one runs well though I think it might need some lubrication as adjusting the time gets a bit difficult as there's some resistance when you turn the crown.
 
[Update: I already unloaded the watch and it was acquired by (no surprise) a guy named Marvin.]
-

No comments: