Monday, November 25, 2019

Vintage Citizen Diver: Dolphin WR200

Many watch collectors have specialty collections (e.g., chronographs only, WW2 watches only, divers only, hand winds only, automatics, etc.). I started with Swatches followed by Seiko AGS/Kinetic watches, picking up a few of my grail items along the way. Incidental was the accumulation of divers watches including a Glashutte, a Luminox, and a Mido that is my usual watch for the beach or pool. I also have an original Seiko SKX399 apart from the 2 others I've acquired with replacement inserts (these I am unloading). 

It seemed only natural to pursue a few divers watches anyway. And the opportunity to acquire this classic diver from Citizen came up. So I ended up getting a few Citizen divers that were in great condition and water resistant.

The watch features a big rotating bezel, and day and date functions
Side view showing the screwdown crown
The other side view
Case back was polished to the point that one cannot clearly see or read the watch specs from most angles.
Close up of the case back showing more clearly the text
Close-up of the well-preserved dial
Citizen caliber 8200 movement running at 21,600 beats per hour with a power reserve of 43 hours.

I got this watch for cheap and so far it has been a steal. I usually use this for the weekends including when I go to the market on Saturdays. It keeps time and has had a decent power reserve (i.e., I can leave it overnight and it is still functioning in the morning).
-

No comments: