Sunday, November 24, 2019

Vintage Tissot from the 1940s

I am featuring another oldie in my collection. This one's a Tissot released in the European market (it says "Anti-magnetique" instead of "Anti-magnetic") with a movement that was in production from 1936-1949. It is very possible that the watch was made in the early 1940s during the Second World War.

The watch features a sub-second and no other complications like a day or date display. The lugs are also nice on this piece. I have several watches with similar lugs that are from the same period like an old Doxa and Revue.
Side view showing the crown, which I think is a replacement one but apt for the watch
The other side view
Case back shows no marks or information. This was typical of many common watches from
Close-up showing the aged dial
The watch is powered by this Cal. 27 movement running at 18,000 A/h with a potential power reserve of 43 hours. The movement is signed Tissot & Fils, which increases the value of the watch as it allows for it to be dated and shows it is authentic.
Wrist shot
This one's still a keeper for now. I just remove the strap that I also use for other watches. That way, I also save on storage space as I only need to keep the watch head with others in smaller containers.
-

No comments: