Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Homemade puto (rice cake)

Our daughter usually can't stay put and always is on the lookout for things she can do. Last week, she helped make some puto or steamed rice cakes. It was not from scratch but from a mix I bought months ago at the supermarket as part of the supplies we got for the lockdowns.

Puto of different sizes and shapes

She experimented with the puto dough; producing a cupcake, a ball and what she thought was her version of bibingka (another popular rice cake that's usually made using an oven).

She brought this up to her room where I was in an online meeting. We made her room the best place for online classes (and meetings) so I usually work there in the afternoons after she's done with her school.
 

We thought the puto was good and look forward to more of this in the near future. I was reminded by my daughter to get a box of mix the next time I did our groceries.

-

No comments: