Saturday, December 12, 2020

Vintage Rodania triple date watch

I already had two Rodania's in my collection when this one came up. It is a rare piece that features a month and day complication, a second sub-dial and a date hand. Perhaps the only thing lacking is a moon phase complication. :)

The watch has a day, date and month features that makes this watch a "triple date".

Side view showing the crown and two buttons that make it appear like a chronograph. The buttons at the 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock positions are for the month (upper button) and day (lower button) settings. There is no quickset for the day

The other side view showing a crack on the crystal stretching from the 9 o'clock to the 10 o'clock markers.

Case back showing the watch to have been 'waterproof', having an incabloc shock resistance, and automatic.

Close-up of the dial showing what used to be lumes on the hour hand and the day pointer.

Wrist shot the first time I wore the watch, which was after I changed leather straps (also for the first time for this watch).

 

The watch is supposed to be an automatic but that was not working as declared by the seller (maybe that's one reason it was cheap?). I am not yet sure if I will be keeping this watch. There's a likelihood I will be unloading it this December.

-

No comments: