Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Flowers in season - Poinsettias and orchids

Here's another draft that I was not able to finish last December. Posting it today after the end of the Christmas Season and while the temperatures are still cool this time of year. 

Perhaps one of the most popular plants during this season is the Poinsettia. The most common are the red ones; referring to the top leaves that change color sometime November/December of every year. There were also white ones and even yellow but it was the first time I saw pink poinsettias one time I was picking up some garden soil to replenish our pots at home. I ended up getting one pot for our home and it is still pink as of this writing. I got another to give to a friend before the Christmas break. 

I also saw that there were a lot of nice orchids being sold at the garden shop I frequently buy supplies from. As my mother's birthday was approaching, I got her another orchid for her garden. Following are a couple of photos showing the orchid and the poinsettia.

Orchids for my mother on her birthday

Pink Poinsettias

 Before Christmas, my sister also gifted us with a couple of orchids. They were delivered and came in a cleverly constructed box that protected the orchids.  I will post their photos here soon.

-

No comments: