Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Mug shots: Ugu Bigyan mug

I'm starting a new series aside from my chocolate reviews and my watch collection. This will be about another active collection that I have and have written rarely about - mugs. I have posted about some of my mugs here but mostly these were in passing and the main topic was different. For starters, here is a mug I frequently use for my taho.

Glazed earthen mug by renowned pottery artist Ugu Bigyan

The bottom is signed by the artist

 

I got this mug in January 2021 on our first excursion (and long drive for me) after a very long quarantine in 2020. It was my first trip with me driving to the San Pablo City, Laguna - Tiaong, Quezon area where Ugu Bigyan's pottery studio is located. It was also our first time to use electronic toll collection that we had installed in 2020 as part of the tollways campaign for ETC. It was our first time to visit the studio which also features a restaurant and what looked like a bed & breakfast. We went with neighborhood friends who also wanted an escape from the confines of our homes.

-

No comments: