Monday, January 3, 2022

Olympics watches from Seiko

I acquired another Olympics watch late last year. This time, it was for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, which was held from October 10-24.

Two watches released for the 1964 and 1968 Summer Olympics. The one on the left is from August 1967 and for the 1968 Mexico Olympics. The one on the right is from October 1964 and for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.

Both watches run well but each have their defects. The inner bezel does not rotate for the 1967 watch while the 1964 watch's crown is not original. Both dials are deteriorated, too. However, they are in overall good condition and run well. I'm not sure if their dials can be restored without replacing the dial altogether. I'm of the opinion they look great as they are. And I am not averse to my watches looking dirty or beat up.

-

No comments: