Monday, January 24, 2022

Mug shots: Bag of Beans

We used to frequent Tagaytay for weekend escapes. There was a time we were there at least once a month for a couple of night's stay (Friday to Sunday, sometimes even Thursday to Saturday to get good deals at our favorite B&B's). One of our sure stops there for a meal or a sip of hot coffee or native chocolate is Bag of Beans. The first time we went there, you had to travel towards the edge of Tagaytay City past the Mendez-Tagaytay Road junction to their original restaurant and shop location. They've since expanded and now have branches closer to the rotunda.

Bag of Beans Tagaytay glazed earthen mug - the mug came in two variants when I got this. The other one was brown, which I thought was not the nice version of brown for me.

Plain for the rest of the mug

I celebrated my 45th birthday there with my siblings and our families. Tagaytay was already congested with all the big developers building high rise and high density projects (there seemed to be a high demand for people to own properties there) but 5 years ago we just had to go and give it a try. My sister and her family also used to frequent Tagaytay but they also grew weary of the crowds and the congestion there.

-

No comments: