Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Salmon for dinner

I forgot about this draft I started just before Holy Week last April (yes, that was a couple of months ago). I was at the supermarket to replenish our food and drinks when I spotted these salmon products beside the freezer where I got our supply of bangus (milkfish). I usually see only the salmon belly and the imported smoked salmon in the frozen section of the supermarket so these were a pleasant addition to the choices for seafood.

Lemon pepper salmon and herbed salmon

I got two of each as I assessed that one box won't be enough for us whether its lunch or dinner at home. It was Holy Week so the seniors usually prefer to eat seafood over meats (beef, pork or chicken). Still, seafoods here in our country is quite good so the 'sacrifice' part of Lent is lost when one goes for the likes of tuna, salmon and shrimps. The salmon turned out to be very good. I liked the lemon pepper more than the herbed salmon. The former tasted fresh while I found the latter to be somewhat on the overwhelming side because of the herbs. Of course, that's me and my palate there, and I'm sure others will be choosing the herbed salmon over the lemon pepper.

-

No comments: