Sunday, July 17, 2022

Some recent acquisitions

I had to let go of a few watches in my collection as those were no longer having the so-called wrist time (i.e., being worn more regularly). We have, after all, only two wrists and its kind unusual to wear two or more watches at the same time (joke). Among those I let go were my Sicura world time-diver, one of my Citizen Homer Second Setting watches (I had 4), and a vintage Swiss-made chronograph. All three are collectible and were sold quickly through a friend. 

That said, these were quickly replaced by what to me are even more collectible and desirable. These are a Seiko 6139-6010 chronograph, a Seiko SKX401, and a Seiko commemorative watch ("Dr. Yellow").

A fine specimen for the Seiko 6139-6010, one of the models collectively nicknamed "Bruce Lee". The actor-martial artist wore the black dial version of this watch.

The Seiko SKX401 is unofficially (because Seiko itself has not confirmed it) one of the first divers that were exclusively released or sold in the Philippine market. The other one is the SKX399, which has black dial and bezel insert. This one has a dark blue dial and "Pepsi" bezel insert.

A chronograph commemorating the shinkansen (bullet train) maintenance/inspection train that is fondly named "Dr. Yellow".

While I already have one each of the blue "Bruce Lee" and the 401, I gave in to temptation to acquire a second one of each. These recent ones are actually in better condition than my previous ones. The "Dr. Yellow" is a second shinkansen commemorative watch. I had earlier written about my Hayabusa. I will write about each of these watches in future posts on this blog.

-

No comments: