Sunday, July 10, 2022

Vintage Swatch Chronograph Diver - Lilibeth

Among the Swatch chronograph diver's watches I got from Japan in 2001 was a brightly colored Lilibeth model. The original one was misplaced by my wife but the leather strap was already replaced as the plastic buckle was broken. It was replaced by an aftermarket silicone strap that could be used for swimming. Fast forward to the present and I was able to find a New Old Stock piece from a seller in Germany. It was also being sold for cheap so I didn't hesitate acquiring this watch that I am featuring in this post.

The watch features 3 sub dials like our other Swatch chronographs. The bezel rotates unidirectionally and counter-clockwise.

View showing the crown and the chronograph buttons. All are working and as crisp as a new watch.

The other side view, again showing the overall excellent condition of the watch.

Photo of the back showing a transparent case and the battery compartment.

Close-up of the very colorful dial - it is a "fun" watch that you can wear casually on almost any occasion.

 
Close-up of the back, which shows water resistance at 200m.

Close-up showing the watch being a 1993 model (1994 collection or release). That makes this watch 29 years old.

The watch came in complete with the box and manual.

I still hope I can find the first one that I think was misplaced and probably in a bag or shelf somewhere in our house. That still works the last time I saw it though I am not sure if the chronograph function is still okay.

-

No comments: