Thursday, September 15, 2022

A vintage Weekly Auto Orient AAA

I used to have a a few Orient watches in my collection. I am not really fond of their designs though their watches are reliable and there are some that made me curious enough to acquire them (they also happened to be inexpensive so they weren't risky buys). I've since parted with three and only one Orient watch remains - this Orient Swimmer.

The watch has a black dial with day and date complications. The day wheel is in English and Kanji.

View showing the signed crown and date quickset button

The other side view showing the condition of the watch

Case back showing the serial number and attributes of the watch ('40m perfect water proof')

Close-up of the dial

Wrist shot

 
A photo of the watch when I took it out of the package. I got this from a favorite seller from Saitama, Japan from whom I already acquired a few watches including some nice Seikos and Citizens.


This Orient caliber runs at 18,000 A/h

Another look at the movement

Inside of the case back where watch repairmen usually indicate the dates when the watch was serviced. This had no dates written or etched on it.

Detailed information on the watch model - The model was produced around 1964. This was a relatively expensive model at the time; retailing at 8,000 to 9,500 yen.

Detailed information (in Japanese) on the caliber

This is the remaining Orient in my collection so this will be a keeper for now. I have not really used it often but when I did, it worked well and kept time. It could probably still be reliable for daily use.

-

No comments: