Thursday, September 29, 2022

Chocolate review: Liana's Chocolate 60% Dark Chocolate Rice Crisps

I close September with another chocolate review. A third bar of chocolate from Cebu is this dark chocolate with rice crisps. I picked one of each bar I saw at the airport shop and this was the last of the three that we ate. It turned out that, to us, this was the best among the three we had bought. I think it may be the rice crisps that made this bar enjoyable. I also think that 60% is somewhat the middle of sweet and bitter in as far as dark chocolates are concerned.

60% dark chocolate with rice crisps

Details at the back of the package

The expiration date is December 2, 2022. We thought that was too soon for your typical chocolate bar so this might have been manufactured much earlier than when we purchased it.

Close-up of the front

I haven't bought 'new' local (Philippine made) chocolates for some time. With the exception of new variants from Auro, the last time to buy local chocolates was 2019 in Davao. While these have not been as enjoyable or delicious as we wished or wanted them to be, it was important to have a taste of these in order to appreciate these products and have a benchmark or point of comparison in case we encounter them and decide to buy again. Liana's is priced as a premium bar but as I stated in previous posts, it is not in that league. Will I buy these again? Probably, and because I want to know if they will improve in the future. These chocolates are from Zamboanga Del Sur (not from Davao like Malagos and Auro) so I am rooting for them to level up on quality.

-

 

No comments: