Monday, September 26, 2022

Sunset at Manila Bay - the calm before the storm

I was supposed to post these photos of the sunset at Manila Bay last Saturday. I was not able to do so. And yesterday, I instead posted on Typhoon Noru (Karding) as it was arriving on the eve of the 13th anniversary of Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy). The sunset view at Manila Bay was spectacular that afternoon. I took the following photos from the Sofitel grounds. We stayed overnight at the hotel as the wife had a meeting there. We took advantage to use our Accor membership privileges that we have not enjoyed since December 2019, just before the COVID-19 pandemic started and escalated.

A close-up with the outline of Mt. Mariveles in Bataan Province seen in the distance

I tried to play around with the lighting settings of my phone's camera. The results are more blues to frame the yellows, reds and oranges of the sunset.

Another shot a few seconds after

Here's another shot of the sun setting behind Mt. Mariveles taken about 10 minutes after that first photo.

The sunsets at Manila Bay are indeed marvelous. I'm not sure how the views will be affected though by the proposed reclamation projects in the bay. Those who currently enjoy these wonderful views will soon only have city scapes during sunset to look at instead of the having these natural backgrounds like the Bataan peninsula.

-

No comments: