Friday, October 4, 2024

Street food in Bangkok

The trip last Holy Week holidays to Bangkok provided us with new experiences especially for our daughter. It was her first time in Thailand so she enjoyed the travel including our trip to an elephant sanctuary outside of Bangkok. While in Bangkok, we also tried some streetfood. I remember buying some snacks and fruits before during previous trips to Bangkok. This was the first time I got something to eat for breakfast or morning snacks.

Chicken or duck on display at a streetside shop in Bangkok

I saw this vendor from the local coffee shop where the wife was buying some coffee. He's grilling and selling what appears to be a familiar food.

This turned out to be what we would call a variant of kakanin or rice cakes.

The vendor

Deep fried bread like the donuts you can buy at the market but without the sugar coating.

The vendors have Buddhist monks as 'suki' or regular customers.

Deep fried delicacy fresh from the street vendor that morning.

The rice cake to me was a bigger version and serving of what we typically call 'tupig'. This made my day as part of my breakfast and went really well with my hot chocolate.
 

-

No comments: