Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lunch at Wrong Ramen

The Clairvoyant had mentioned to me more than once about a small ramen restaurant at the Burgos Circle area of Bonifacio Global City. Wrong Ramen is somewhat an obscure restaurant near the wife's office where she and her colleagues occasionally have lunch. She did mention the ramen as along the lines of the good ramen shops that we tried out in Singapore and so I became curious as I had limited choices for restaurants serving good ramen in my area in Quezon City. Meanwhile, I felt like I was missing the ramen craze in Makati (lots of old and new places to get really good ramen) and Taguig (mainly in BGC). After one unsuccessful try where we ended up instead at another restaurant in the area, I finally was able to try out Wrong Ramen with the wife. It was almost full at the time despite our objective of having an early lunch and there were a few recognizable faces in the restaurant with one prominent government official going solo with his lunch and a couple of celebs enjoying their ramen in one corner. Just as we were finishing our food, an old college friend came in and joined his wife (whom I didn't know) who happened to be sitting beside me. This guy knew his food and his ramen so I guess that speak volumes about the place. Here's a link to their menu.

Tantanmen
Tonkotsu ramen
Chicken akuma (or what's left of it)
I took this photo thinking about how food-themed TV shows in Japan showed the ramen to their audiences. I think this shot alone speaks a lot about the really good stuff at Wrong Ramen.
Wrong Ramen's tantanmen and tonkotsu ramen are definitely must try's and I won't mind eating lunch at the restaurant everyday... if only it's possible to get a seat every time considering it's usually crowded during what are supposed to be peak periods and there are limited seats in the restaurant. I think the price is just right given the quality of the food and the serving sizes. Two thumbs up for Wrong Ramen! Until the next lunch (or dinner)...
-

No comments: