Monday, February 3, 2014

Lunch at Wild Flour

The Clairvoyant and I had a light lunch at Wild Flour at the Podium in Ortigas. It was my first time to eat at the restaurant despite our planning to lunch or dine at the branch at Bonifacio Global City. It turned out that the branch at The Podium didn't have the same menu as the one at BGC. The former was simpler, apparently considering the typical crowd having lunch in the area. We ordered tuna melt sandwich and baked macaroni. The Clairvoyant ordered their garlic bomb, which was a pastry with roasted garlic inside. The bomb was a pleasant surprise as the garlic was "melt in your mouth" and sweet. It went well as a side to the baked mac (which was also very good according to the wife). I had fresh greens to go with my tuna melt, and I can say that that sandwich was the best tuna melt I've had. It's a no fuzz sandwich with just the tuna and cheese on good bread. Opting for the greens instead of the potato chips made it a healthy meal just the way I liked it.

Tuna melt with fresh green salad on the side
Baked macaroni
Something missing with the Wild Flour experience? That's probably going to be in the post. :-)
-

No comments: